We will bring unique culture experiences to audiences and visitors in the Arctic Region of Northern Scandinavia.
- Culture organisations and the tourist industry cooperate to develop cultural tourism.
- A brand for culture events in Arctic Europe, ARCTIC PULSE, is established.
- More than 1,000 music and cultural workers participate in the project.
- 25% of the music- and cultrure productions in the project have a Sami or traditional profile.
- More than 130,000 visitors experience the project's activities, mostly as audience in concerts and festivals.
Project activities – Work packages (WP’s)
WP 1 - Branding the Arctic Pulse
- Say Yes to adventures, feel the Arctic Pulse in three Nordic countries!
- The organizations in the tourism industry knows tourism, we know culture - together we develop cultural tourism in the Arctic region of Scandinavia.
The Arctic Pulse project starts with the music field. In the long term, several forms of art and culture should be included in the Arctic Pulse.
WP 2 - Dissemination of the Arctic Pulse
- Artists on tour. In this Work Package concerts are organized for Arctic Pulse artists in Northern Norway, Norrbotten, Oulu and Finnish Lapland.
- The concerts are mainly produced by Norrbottensmusiken, Kultur i Troms and City of Oulu in collaboration with cultural organizers in North Scandinavia.
WP3 - New Arctic Talents
- Young Sami musicians and folk musicians meet under the leadership of established world music artists.
- Workshops, lectures, rehearsals and concerts. About 20 participants per year.
WP 4 - Arena Collaboration in the Arctic Area
- We spread the Arctic pulse to a wide audience in collaboration with existing festivals and arenas in the North Scandinavia.
- Freelance artists and ensembles from the project organizations, Norrbottensmusiken, Kultur in Troms and Oulu city participates in the festival concerts.